Saturday, July 18, 2026

Dark chemistry (lyrics)

They say that we… we were love at first sight,

 I’m not sure if that’s the truth… I can’t say that’s quite right. 

but all I know for certain is when our eyes met cross that room… I tripped all over myself just to fall all over you. 


I cannot help it that you, you felt the same way. 

By the look in your eye, I saw trouble that day. 

But I’ll tell you the truth… and I can’t help but laugh. That wry on your grin matched the rye in my glass. 


And oh! I can feel my world turn.


Chorus: 

There is a bright attraction… burning up this night

Magic in our interactions… that make feel right.

I know that we’re not supposed to question that old alchemy.

Went two Golden hearts make that lonely spark man that’s damn dark chemistry. 


Bridge:


Oh, I can feel my heart burn

Transforming me

Transforming her


Oh I can feel the spell

Is rewriting my world

Rearranging my cells


Verse: 

I watched your lips move 

without hearing a word

The laugh in your eyes 

Is the song that I heard 


And I know I’m not supposed question this soul alchemy 

But your golden heart lit an eternal spark and that’s damn dark chemistry



8 comments:

  1. Into the Light

    We chased the fire
    Like it knew the way.
    Two restless hearts
    Learning how to stay.

    What felt like magic
    Turned into a flame.
    It burned through every mask,
    Every fear, every name.

    Those winding roads
    Were never wasted miles.
    Every broken bridge
    Led us back to ourselves.

    You found your courage.
    I found my peace.
    The things we thought we’d lost
    Were finally released.

    Now I know
    The darkness wasn’t our destiny.
    It was only the place
    Where love uncovered everything
    That still needed healing.

    Because every wound
    Invited mercy.
    Every scar
    Became a doorway.

    And somewhere between
    The ashes and the dawn,
    We stopped looking
    For someone to save us
    And learned to carry the light.

    Now when our eyes meet,
    I don’t just see chemistry.
    I see two souls
    Who walked through the fire
    And remembered who they were.

    Maybe that’s what love was
    Trying to teach us all along.

    Not to chase the spark.

    But to become the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This… that is soul alchemy if there ever was such a thing. Also… these words, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You light up my whole world… I’ve never seen something so beautiful before; my world and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if the world ended tomorrow, or if I left this earth, I’d be at peace because in this life, I got to know you. I got to hold you in my arms, even if only for a little while….and cherish the love we shared. That alone made this lifetime extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our love has forever changed both my understanding of love and my desire to know it deeper. Gratitude doesn’t begin to wholly describe how I feel for the way you love me… it’s more like awe filled wonder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tonight I was not ok. Tonight was uncomfortable and I had to work through one of the most insane detachments of my life. I had never felt that.

    ReplyDelete

Dark chemistry (lyrics)

They say that we… we were love at first sight,  I’m not sure if that’s the truth… I can’t say that’s quite right.  but all I know for certai...